- This event has passed.
Residential Alternative Energy Systems: ESS, Solar, & backup Generators
Description: This webinar will provide an overview of critical elements for plan review and inspection of energy storage systems, photovoltaic (PV) solar systems, and backup generators. Topics will cover key plan check and inspection points of these alternative energy systems. The course will also address differences between battery backup systems and energy storage systems. This class is for building inspectors, plan reviewers, and permit technicians who want a better understanding of residential alternative energy systems.
Objectives: Students will have a better understanding of:
· PV solar fire setbacks
· Location and method of a rapid shutdown
· DC optimizer and micro-inverter systems
· Mounting to the roof, racking attachments with grounding clamps
· Engineered ground mount foundations
· Residential generators, residential automatic transfer switch and portable generator connections to the existing electrical system
· Generator setback for structure, and back feeding to the main service panel
Instructor: Dean Kuenzi